pressmen performance and photography

Friday, October 27, 2006

BNI Business referral organisation

In the last month and a half I have joined a networking group called BNI. Very interesting for any small business as the organisation provides a way of networking with other business people. They have a concept 'givers gain,' help others and they will help you. It is a good way of getting new business. The one drawback is that now, one day a week I have to get up at an unearthly hour for me. Used to entertaining and photographing into the small hours, I am not an early morning person.

Any small business looking to improve their marketing should have a look at BNI.

3 Comments:

Blogger hermajestythequeen said...

BNI, BP, BIPP, BA, BSDA, BBFN all these letters depend on the people who make up the team/group. If you find yourself in a group that are all losers - no wonder it all goes wrong.
I suppose the net-working thing can work but so can your own mailing and follow-up using your own more targetted approach. I'm accused of not networking enough on ocassion although I very often put a good word in various president's ears and tribe leaders when I have the chance. I used to have quite a break from all of this on my Royal Yacht but now with the Internet and Satellite and so forth - no-one wants to leave me alone. I certainly don't want to get-up at an unearthly hour to breakfast with a bunch of losers. However, if you will all send me your card addressed to myself at the Palace - I will see what I can do for you all. See how many different messages you can send me in the next one minute period. Hurry up.



Time up... how many did you manage? Not good enough!

6:10 pm  
Blogger Cruiser said...

I've been a member of BNI for over 5 years, and for me it is more than just business development. The incredible support of the group, the willingness to share tips and advice and, something I've noticed over the years, the way that small complimentary businesses work together so that the whole becomes more than the sum of the parts.

If you're in a group of losers, then change it into the group that you want. Get involved early and makes things happen the way that you want it to happen. Trust me, I've done it and it works!!

9:53 pm  
Blogger the clown said...

Yes cruiser I agree with your comments

11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home