pressmen performance and photography

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

feeling puffined up





I recently spent some time on Skomer island in Wales where there are puffin colonies. I put the longest lens I had on my camera and tracked the puffins that were flying around until they came within range, and then, like any good human, I shot them. As you can see, this one was carrying food for its young. The Olympus E1 I was using is not really known for its focussing speed, but it worked fine for me. The lens was a 200 + 1.4 multiplyer (566mm in 35 mm equivalency) and that seemed like a good compromise between reach and hand-holdability. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

tim

2 Comments:

Blogger hermajestythequeen said...

looks like Chas - did he pose for this shot?

Think you would be better to crop this a bit to improve the impact of what is a nice shot. Did you have to duck as she/he flew over? Were you lucky? Have you tried digiscoping to get even closer?

12:07 pm  
Blogger hermajestythequeen said...

You were obviously knocked off your rocks as I haven't heard from you. Next time you are on that rock - why not use a camera?

I think you have manipulated this picture (if it was you who really took it and of this we cannot be sure) as Chas has striped socks and he is wearing plain socks here. Also I have noticed that there is a fish in his mouth (can't quite make out what variety as the bloody picture is so fuzzy) and Chas is a vegetarian. Is this a political picture? See the clowns latest rave on da blog. You are evil if what has been said is to be believed. Oops... there goes my crown again - hope it doesn't get scratched on that rock.

11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home